Secret Asian Girl Available for Hire
As I mentioned about an hour ago on Facebook and Twitter, I am now unemployed.
The whole situation is still surreal, because my last day is technically tomorrow and I was informed of my termination about half an hour before I went home.
I think it was the abruptness of the timing that made me cry in front of the GM and the HR Director.
They kept apologizing, but I’m not mad at them. I knew it could be coming soon but I thought I’d get a two week notice.
The positives of the situation:
1. Although my last day is Friday, I do not have to go in to the office.
2. I can sleep in on a weekday and it’s not because it’s a holiday or due to illness.
3. I can go to the gym in the morning again.
4. I can wear jeans all day.
5. I was not fired for being incompetent, but laid off due to a crappy economy.
6. I do not have to worry about buying new suits for a while.
There is a position available in Finance, but I do not care for the department heads at all. My dad pointed out that it would be a source of income, but my last venture into the world of Accounting left me incredibly stressed out and dreading the next day. I know my level of tolerance and could not fake it for the $5 less an hour I would be making.
I know a lot of you have responded, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. :) Tonight is my evening I’m giving myself to grieve. After that it will be all about adapting to my new situation.
P.S. If you know of anyone that needs an assistant/AR clerk/retail salesperson, could you drop my name?