Lame Claim to Fame
This was running rampant on Twitter yesterday, but I was too busy at work to fill it in. So instead, I’m going to share with you my lame claim to fame, laundry-list style.
1. My dad knew the LuPone family and was on a first-name basis with Patti.
2. My mom went to high school with Jeff Bridges. He used to try and copy her homework before class started.
3. The location where James Iha and I were born are smack next to each other. Not only is he still my biggest rock star crush, but what are the chances of finding a hot Japanese guy in the suburbs of Chicago?
4. One of my parents’ friends is a cousin of Anna Sui.
5. I am good friends of the guy who was the stand-in for Christopher Mintz-Plasse in “Superbad.” (We used to work together at the Grove!)
6. I am distantly related to this sake brand.
7. I once rang up Winona Ryder at the Grove. This was about 2 years after the big scandal (and no, she didn’t steal anything).
8. I once put some clothing on hold for Jeffrey Jones at the Grove. This was about a few months before the big scandal.
9. I helped Scarlett Johansson figure out where to have lunch at the Grove.
10. James Spader and I eat at the same place!
11. My uncle has done the set up for the following weddings: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston; Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman; George Takei and Brad Altman.
That’s about all that comes to mind.