Quiet On The Home Front
The upsides of staying with my parents while my car is being fixed:
1. There’s always food in the fridge.
2. No early curfew on weekdays (although I can’t really blame my roommate – she leaves the house at 6:45AM).
3. Use of a landline to find my phone when it gets burried underneath a pile of laundry.
The downsides of staying with my parents while my car is being fixed:
1. Someone always standing over you in the morning to make sure you wake up on time for work.
2. Re-adjusting to being “the kid.”
3. Constant nagging on whether or not you’ve paid your bills.
4. Having to share one computer with another person.
I’ve been able to keep myself occupied and sane by the following things:
1. Reading my copy of The Complete Far Side Collection.
2. Playing my ukulele.
3. Working a little bit on my script.
4. Dinner at 8 oz. with the Slackmistress and NoirBettie with a celebrity crush viewing of James Spader at the booth next to us.
I can’t complain. However, if my car isn’t ready by tomorrow, I’ll definitely be cranky.