25 Things You Didn’t Need To Know About Me
Decided to revamp the blog and start fresh. So all previous entries have been deleted. New year, new friends, new goals, etc.
Actually, I made an error and erased all my previous posts whilst upgrading my WordPress Simple Script. But there’s nothing wrong with starting over, even if the look isn’t that much different. And what better way to kick off a new start than using a very tired and overused meme that’s been flying all over Facebook.
In no particular order, twenty-five things you could probably call me out on and it’d take me half an hour to figure out how you knew that detail:
1. My middle name/Japanese name has to do with my conception in the winter. Some people think I’m being immature, but seriously, do you really want your name to come from the fact that your parents got it on during snowy weather?
2. Moments after my birth, my parents had no idea if they had a son or a daughter. The doctor forgot to look after I arrived.
3. If I wasn’t so squimish around blood and severe wounds, I probably would be very comfortable working as a funeral director.
4. My absolute favorite spot on the dog is that little patch of fuzz right over the nose. I used to put my nose on that area and a wave of comfort would flood over me.
5. Arachnophobia is probably the biggest fear I have. There have been a couple of times I have not been able to leave my bedroom because there was a spider nesting in the corner of the exit.
6. I do not care for cherries of any kind, but absolutely adore cherry-flavored things (with the exception of cold medicines).
7. I tend to tie twist-ties with my left hand instead of my right. This annoys my mom to no end, since it’s awkward for her to untie that strip of paper-covered wire.
8. My grandpa used to tell me that the ocean waves created wind and I totally believed him. Until an elementary school field trip to a museum had an exhibit featuring a wave-making machine.
9. There’s a mole just underneath my left ear. It’s a dominant gene – my mom and my aunt have the same feature.
10. Because my first dog’s name was Whiskey, I thought the rest of the dogs we would have would be named after various types of alcohol.
11. Tina Turner’s Private Dancer album was my absolute favorite at the age of five. I used to tell people that my name was Tina and would burst into “What’s Love Got To Do With It?”
12. My favorite movie of all time has been “The Blues Brothers” since the age of five.
13. Contrary to popular belief about my race, I am not good at math.
14. Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia are two other major fears I have (especially since it’s been discovered to be hereditary). My grandpa was somewhere inbetween these two (i.e. he couldn’t remember what happened 5 minutes ago and what he did remember was slightly warped).
15. I’m distantly related to a major sake company. I realize that I wouldn’t exist if my dad didn’t come to the US, but damn! I could be semi-rich if he stayed in Japan.
16. I am a natural born faghag: at least one brother on each side is gay.
17. Non-motion sickness. It sounds dumb, but it’s because I lack that little bit of liquid in my head that keeps the equalibrium going for my senses. IMAX and motion intense films are out of the question for me.
18. Michael Crawford was the bee’s knees to me for most of my middle school years. What can I say? I enjoy musicals and I have a soft spot for dorky British guys.
19. The only time I ever wished I was older in my adulthood was when my long-term crush told me he would have been my boyfriend had I been closer to his age. *sigh*
20. People think dog paws stink, but I find that dry popcorn scent incredibly comforting. For me, it’s the scent of home and safety.
21. I’m not great at modern dance, but I blame that on the fact that I was trained in traditional Japanese dance at an early age.
22. I used to be tall enough to be in the back row of every school picture. Then the blossom of womanhood came to me at the age of 8 and everyone was taller than me by the age of 11.
23. Scar tissue and I are not good friends. Tiny cuts leave discolored lines on my skin for weeks, severe cuts leave marks that look like elongated moles. The dermatologist says I’m just lucky like that.
24. Needles scare me. I hate shots and blood tests with a passion. However, I would have liked to have piercings and/or tattoos, but the reasoning in #23 has prevented me from getting them.
25. My mom once joked that I was damned because I’d never been baptized.
Since we’re so close to my age, I’ll throw in a bonus fact for good measure:
26. Prior to my European trip in 2007, I had never left the United States (not even to Canada or Mexico!). At the time my most foreign experience was visiting Hawaii (for the agricultural paperwork you fill out on the plane).
There you have it! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as…well, I hope it was worth the 2 minutes you managed to kill at your desk.